Monday, April 16, 2012

Review: The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting

The Last Echo
Kimberly Derting
Releases: April 17th 

Warning: Spoilers for previous 2 books.

When I started reading this book, I was under the impression that The Body Finder series was a trilogy, and that this was the last one. When I finished it, it became very clear to me that it is not, in fact, the last one at all! There is still so much more story to tell! (It has since been confirmed that there are more books! thank goodness!)
I have to say that each book in this series is better than the last! 
The Body Finder was great, Desires of the Dead was awesome, but this one was EPIC!
I loved it SO much! It took everything I loved about the series, and magnified it. BIG TIME.
Jay still plays such a huge role, and even though there's another guy in the picture, Violet never truly is "torn" between them. Which I love. I mean, I'm not someone who's opposed to love triangles, but I love that this one never really feels like one- because it's not. As much as I love Rafe (which is a LOT)- Violet is always so strong and dependent. (Probably to a fault.) But I loved that about her.
You learn so much about all of the characters you've grown to love. (and maybe the ones you didn't.)
The stakes were definitely raised in this book, and I LOVED that. Each book kind of surpasses the previous one in terms of pushing the creepy factor, and this one definitely tops the cake! 
Kimberly does such an amazing job with these books, and I can safely say that this is a MUST-read! (Hopefully if you are reading this, you've already read the first two?)
I can not WAIT for the 4th book! :)

love, love, love! <3

2 comments:

  1. I seriously love these books! Can't wait to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just joined Southern Book Bloggers, and I'm trying to connect with the other people on the site. I'm following your blog now—it's so adorable! Here's mine if you want to check it out: www.thisxgirlxreads.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I appreciate any and all comments! They mean the WORLD to me! Please let me know what you think!
XO, Al @ Magnet4Books <3

FTC GUIDELINES

In accordance with the new FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, I'd like everyone to know that the books featured / discussed on my blog were either provided by the publisher/ author for free OR were purchased by me. The book's price DOES NOT influence my opinion of the book/author. Thank you!

AWARD! :)