Thursday, March 8, 2012

Guest Post by Amy Lignor: The Male Point of View

Amy is the author of the new series, The Angel Chronicles, and she is here today to talk about awesome things! 
I hope you guys will check out this book! It sounds fantastic!
(picture will take you to Goodreads)

Synopsis:
How does a girl choose between the one who steals her heart and the one who owns her soul?

Matt and Emily were created for a specific job. Raised and trained as the ultimate angel/warrior team, they are sent down to save, defend, judge and forgive, depending on the 'life' they've been assigned. What they don't realize is that the power of human emotions, such as love, anger, passion and fear can take over even the best of souls, causing them to make mistakes and follow paths that lead to confusion and heartache.

When the reason for their training is finally revealed, the angel/warrior team find themselves thrust into a world they know nothing about. Matt takes over the life of Daniel, a young man with a great deal of baggage. Emily becomes Liz, a girl living in a remote village who relies on nothing more than her own strength to survive. A violent storm erupts one night, and framed in the window of Liz's establishment is a frightening face. Let in by the soul of a Good Samaritan, the two visitors bring with them a past full of secrets that could literally change an angel's path and a warrior's plans.

From murder to redemption, this angel/warrior team must find a way to keep the faith they have in each other in a world that's ripping them apart.
:::
Please welcome, Amy Lignor! :)
:::

Nope, I’m not male.  But the point I wanted to talk about today is the character I most identify with. I have to tell you, the female characters in YA fiction are great. They range from sweet to tough to sarcastic to ‘kick-butt’ to a tad bit whiny at times, depending on the series, but the males are the ones who seem to have more fun.

The character I most identify with is the warrior side of my angel/warrior team. Emily is a great character and I love her a lot, but she’s like me and most other females. She works hard, tries her best to not be tormented, demands answers to questions that no one seems to be able to provide, and has to be everything to everyone. Matt has a different kind of power, and a whole different perspective on life. He works just as hard when it comes to being judge, jury, defender, protector, etc., but he has to have more mental strength, in a way, because of his physical abilities.

Matt has been trained to master each and every weapon possible, and be able to swing the ‘hits’ that save lives, or end them. The thing is, however, he also has to stay calm, which is a real impossibility when it comes to being ‘down here’ and meeting human emotions head on. When Matt gets ‘wrapped up’ in a world that’s slowing ripping his divine soul mate away from him, he’s drawn into the jealousy, envy, heartache, and anger he was trained to stay away from. His sense of humor and his ability to look at life as if it’s just a ‘job’ and a gift of freedom that he’s been waiting for, changes when he has to take over his ‘assignment,’ learning pretty early on that human ‘nightmares’ really do exist.  

Emily, his partner, gets wrapped up, as well. In her case she heads into a romance she clearly doesn’t understand, and begins to reject her ‘job,’ wanting nothing more than to return home while Matt charges forward. It’s as if even when he’s at his lowest point, the one thing that remains true is his loyalty. Whereas Emily sees the wolves, Matt can still see the sheep among them, and I very much like the fact that he’s one of the very few who still can.

Angels are a great subject for me because I love YA fiction that focuses on the ‘winged ones.’ But to be honest, I was not really a YA reader until Rowling came along. Then I fell into Rachel Hawkins’ world of ‘Hex Hall’ and found myself absolutely riveted to YA fiction from then on out.

I remember doing the ‘Hex Hall’ review for the publishing company and beginning with the line:  Bravo and Bring on the Movie! A line that I still agree with 100%.  Although we’re not talking angels, I love the way her character, Sophie Mercer, can look at life with the same dry, sarcasm that most of us feel. The dialogue and scenes were masterful, and Jenna, Archer, Taylor - all of them - became much loved in my eyes. I would have to say that her YA was really what made me begin writing them. And I truly hope you enjoy the adventure that Matt and Emily bring!

Until Next Time, Everybody,
Amy


You can buy Until Next Time e-book at:

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ali! I just wanted to stop by and say thank you so much for having the angel/warrior team as a part of your fantastic site! I am so honored to be on here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The guys always tend to have more fun, don't they? :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I appreciate any and all comments! They mean the WORLD to me! Please let me know what you think!
XO, Al @ Magnet4Books <3

FTC GUIDELINES

In accordance with the new FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, I'd like everyone to know that the books featured / discussed on my blog were either provided by the publisher/ author for free OR were purchased by me. The book's price DOES NOT influence my opinion of the book/author. Thank you!

AWARD! :)