Thursday, January 19, 2012

Legacy by Molly Cochran Review DNF

Legacy
Molly Cochran


So I debated for awhile whether or not to finish this book, and then even more on whether or not I was going to blog about it once I decided not to finish it. Obviously, I decided to blog on it. This book didn't seem to get much attention, and I figure any exposure might be a good thing for it. 
So, this was my first Did Not Finish of 2012. It was also the first book I attempted to read this year- which kind of sucks- but alas, it happens.

When I read the synopsis of this book, I was REALLY excited about it. It had the air of Hex Hall but with a darker twist. I was immediately intrigued. Plus it had the "crazy family" that reminded me of Ethan's family from Beautiful Creatures, plus the mysterious mother death that was reminiscent of Delirium. All of which are my favorite books!
But honestly, it just did not do it for me.
I read about half of it (over 200 pages) before finally calling it quits.
The premise was much more intriguing than the actual story.
While the writing was what made me keep reading as long as I did, the characters did not.
I really couldn't decide whether I liked Katy or not. At times she seemed really clueless on things, and then like everything that was happening was completely normal.
I liked the idea of the town, and the forest with the fog of protection. It was interesting, but I don't feel like it was used the way it could have been. (Nor was it introduced in the right way.)
Also: my other problem: the romance between the two characters did not work for me. the whole "love turned hate" in a split moment felt forced and awkward- and i have no idea why she liked him other than he was attractive. Because he was an absolute ASS.
I felt like she had all of these awesome elements in the story, but when put together, they just didn't work for me.
But! that doesn't mean you won't like it. I know other people who did love the book (listed below).
If it sounds interesting to you, feel free to check out the more positive reviews.
Have you read it? What did you think? I'd love to hear from you!



Positive Reviews:
Parajunkee:
BelleBooks
MundieMom5

5 comments:

  1. This one was a DNF for me too. I tried, I just couldn't do it. You read more than I did. I got about 150 pages in and couldn't handle anymore. I really wanted to love it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I felt horrible- I hate not finishing books- but I just couldn't do it! thanks!

      Delete
  2. Great review! I was not a big fan of Legacy, either. I totally agree with your comments about the pacing of the romance and how the summary was better than the delivery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for commenting! I feel so much better now that I know I'm not the only person that didn't get into it! :)

      Delete
  3. bummr i quite liked it
    sorry it was not4u

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I appreciate any and all comments! They mean the WORLD to me! Please let me know what you think!
XO, Al @ Magnet4Books <3

FTC GUIDELINES

In accordance with the new FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, I'd like everyone to know that the books featured / discussed on my blog were either provided by the publisher/ author for free OR were purchased by me. The book's price DOES NOT influence my opinion of the book/author. Thank you!

AWARD! :)