Monday, August 1, 2011

The Near Witch

Victoria Schwab

I have done nothing but gush over this story since the moment I finished reading it. (Ok, FINE. Since, really, about 20 pages in. If you must know!) 
But it is so hard to write a review of book that leaves you speechless.
The one word that comes to mind is *MAGICAL*- And that's not even because of the fact that it deals with witches. Victoria's writing is just.. magnificent, awe-inspiring, amazing, wonderful, breath-taking and so much more.
The story sweeps you up, and never lets you go. Just like the wind. <3
Lexi was a character I won't soon forget. She was fierce, loyal, and she lived her life with her whole heart- at all times. And she loved her family. She always knew what she wanted- even when it wasn't the popular opinion.  She was seriously just amazing. I loved her so much, and I became so attached to her. 
I want her to be my new best friend. 
I don't want to say too much about this story, because I would hate to spoil a single moment of it, but what you need to know is that Lexi lives in a small village where no one is a stranger. And then suddenly, there's a stranger in town, and kids start to go missing. And all Lexie can think about is that she has to figure it out before her little sister, Wren, is the next victim.
And this story is just... Guys, I can't even tell you.
It was probably one of the top five best books I have ever read. I'm in total awe. And if there was ever a book I wanted to marry, it would be this book. 
And then there's the boy. and the boy is freaking.. I don't even... He is just THE BOY. You know? The boy that may not be perfect, but he's exactly perfect for you? HIM. He's that boy. And I loved him SO freaking much. (As if that was even necessary to reach my level of obsession I have with this book.) 
Really, all you need to know is that THIS is the book that other books should aspire to be like.
Amazing protagonist? Check.
Amazing love interest? Check.
Amazing writing? Check.
Perfect pace? Check.
Interesting plot? DOUBLE CHECK! 
All I can say is:
 READ THIS BOOK!!!!!!
You will NOT regret it! <3 

Also: an interview with the author will be up tomorrow! :) Come back for that! :) 
And next week, prepare for a total gush fest of my meeting her! 
EEP! SO. FREAKING. EXCITED PEOPLE! <3 
I swear she's going to like run from me I harass her so much on twitter.
BUT IT'S WITH LOVE. 

3 comments:

  1. I had the opportunity to read this last year and it was my favorite!!!! I devoured it! So delicious! I can't wait to see more from Victoria, she's as sweet as pie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I am definitely checking this one out! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Amy
    you definitely should!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I appreciate any and all comments! They mean the WORLD to me! Please let me know what you think!
XO, Al @ Magnet4Books <3

FTC GUIDELINES

In accordance with the new FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, I'd like everyone to know that the books featured / discussed on my blog were either provided by the publisher/ author for free OR were purchased by me. The book's price DOES NOT influence my opinion of the book/author. Thank you!

AWARD! :)