Monday, May 30, 2011

The Body Finder

Kimberly Derting



So, summer has finally arrived, which means I can finally read all the books I put off during the semester! More importantly, Desires of the Dead! But before I read it, I realized that I had to discuss The Body Finder first!

I read this book back in November-ish, so I don't remember my exact thoughts when reading it, but I can tell you I loved it because as soon as I finished it I went directly to Amazon and pre-ordered the sequel. That should tell you something. 
Unfortunately, I still haven't read it, but I will VERY soon! 

Violet is a wonderful protagonist, and I felt very connected to her when reading the book, especially in relation to her budding romance with her best friend, Jay. She sees "echoes" from those murdered, which often leads her to discovering dead bodies. So in addition to the romance, there's this mystery/suspense running through the novel. Who is the killer, and why is he after Violet now? We even get small snippets from the killer's perspective- which was REALLY creepy- in the best possible way. 
It was definitely a book that I had to finish in one sitting, because otherwise, I would have just gone nuts with worry and angst. The author does not fail in any attempt she makes in this book. The eery factor was wonderful, the suspense was intense, and the romance was absolutely adorable. (I am really into the whole best friend turned boyfriend story right now. More so than usual. Perhaps that is partially due to how well executed it is in this book! 
Which leaves us with Jay. Who was AWESOME. Even when he frustrated me, I still loved him, because at any given time, I could tell that he was doing whatever he felt best for Violet. Which was really sweet. I wish I would have had a best friend like that in high school. :)
He is oh so very lovely. 

Erm. i'm trying the whole gif thing. let me know if you hate it.
If you haven't yet, go read this book. So you will not be sad when I discuss the sequel!!!
(Also, another book by her will be releasing soon-ish- YAY!) 

3 comments:

  1. I didn't adore this book as much as a lot of people, but I did like it quite a bit. I especially liked reading the killer's perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to wait to read this until after I read THE PLEDGE that way if I love it (which I hope I will) I will have more by the author to read. I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was definitely a book that I had to finish in one sitting, because otherwise, I would have just gone nuts with worry and angst. The author does not fail in any attempt she makes in this book.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I appreciate any and all comments! They mean the WORLD to me! Please let me know what you think!
XO, Al @ Magnet4Books <3

FTC GUIDELINES

In accordance with the new FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, I'd like everyone to know that the books featured / discussed on my blog were either provided by the publisher/ author for free OR were purchased by me. The book's price DOES NOT influence my opinion of the book/author. Thank you!

AWARD! :)